1 / 2

Foreign Filing

IP Legal Services’ also serves clients located in foreign countries all over the world for filing corresponding patent applications in the US Patent And Trademark Office. Under US patent law, a citizen of any country can file a patent application pro se or thorough a US registered patent attorney with the US patent office. IP Legal Services routinely files patent applications for foreign inventors with the US Patent And Trademark Office and our registered patent attorney will guide you through the steps to file your patent application in the US Patent And Trademark Office.

Prior to filing a patent application in the US or any any foreign country, one point is noteworthy.

To claim the priority of a patent application filed in the country of his/her nationality in a corresponding foreign application, the inventor has to file the patent application in a foreign country within 12 months from filing date of the first filed patent application in his country unless the applicant files an international application with the PCT, WIPO, Geneva, Switzerland..

For further clarifications and assistance on patent filing in US by a foreign national, contact
US patent attorney, Ash Tankha, toll free at 1-866-387-5386.
Or you can email IP Legal Services at foreignfiling@ipprocurement.com